View Single Post
Old 11-23-2017, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBrider View Post
Thanks for the update. Sounds like you're progressing well.

Back when I was racing MX, I had a good friend that had a pin in his upper arm( forget what that bone is called?) The rod protruded slightly up thru his shoulder. After he healed up, they removed the rod and he has had no problems in the years since then.

Hope it all works out well for you.

RB
Thanks RB

That would be the humorous - think of banging your funny bone inside your elbow.

Now I have been able to get out to the shed I have confirmed that the bike is totalled. The front rim is bent like a banana, forks bent back at the yokes and the front of the frame is bent out of shape so that the front mudguard is rubbing against the front down-tube - no saving that one. I might have some spares available at some point.

Last time I spoke to the police they said that they were going to charge the driver - even without witnesses, other than my riding buddy who was too far back to see much other than giving an approximation of my speed. The marks on the road surface were enough that they were able to confirm the position of both vehicles before and at the point of impact, as well as where they ended up. They confirmed that the driver was on the wrong side and continued to move forward after the impact with the bike.

All of this is now with a lawyer who is hoping to recover my losses (bike, equipment, medical costs and loss of earnings) as well as injury compensation. Not sure what sort of figure this will end up at though.