Thread: My 2019 Season
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2019, 03:03 PM

So we have gotten off to a slow start of the season here in the Northeast 3 out of the last 6 enduro's have been postponed/canceled due weather, forest fire or permitting issues. I missed one due to work (sand run so not too upset).

So this weekend was the Broad Mountain Enduro put on by the Reading Off Road Riders, this is probably the toughest enduro in the series. Rocks that don't give you a break all day long, warmer temps. The course is laid out in old strip mines so basically your riding on an upside-down mountain. This is what I ride pretty much every weekend I go out riding so very familiar with the terrain and I expected to do fairly well.
So knowing I was in for an ass kicking I started drinking water early in the week to be good and hydrated. Fist section of the day was not too bad, sections being from 3-9 miles long. Being a B-45 class rider I was given the pleasure of riding the A-B splits as well and they were pretty challenging with some cool creek rides and some nasty bar to bar tight stuff. About the second section in the power valve stuck closed and could not get the bike on the pipe, which hurt me tremendously for the rest of the day. Section 15 I had a problem with my checkmate and was late by 2 minutes getting into the section. I was able to zero it on the way out but was not enough.
So really good day for me bad on me for being late to the check, I ended up 2nd in B-45 and 14 overall B class, probably one of my better overalls. Just got to get this bike straight and I think I can get the win.
Hamilton was there on his Sherco and I believe he took the win in his class and beat me by 3.
Ridge Run June 9th is the next race for me.