View Single Post
Old 09-28-2015, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto7man View Post
I use the same oil and yes, it is slow. I use a long funnel with a brake fluid vacuum pump tip and strap to hold up the funnel. I pour in about 920 in the funnel, go have a beer, then come back take the funnel off, seal her up. I never look at the side case glass during filling.
Just to be clear, I am not talking about how long the oil takes to fill the crankcase from the funnel, this happens in 30-45 seconds give or take. I am saying, once the case is filled and the funnel has been removed, it takes another 20+ MINUTES (not seconds) for the oil to fill up the sight glass.

So I understand that you guys are not using the sight glass and that is fine, just wondering how in the hell the oil takes 20-30 minutes to show up in the sight glass after being poured into the case. Even the thickest oils should not take that long to evenly disperse.

I am not worried about mechanical issues as the bike runs great and has been doing this since I bought it, more or less just found it to be a weird mystery.

What makes it more of a mystery, is that when I drain the oil, it instantly drains in seconds and not a drop to be seen in the sight glass.