Thread: RK Tek head
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2019, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzhitshard View Post
PS, for the OP.
It would really benefit you to take some posts cautiously regarding "I jumped my bike with my car and there's no problem with it" type posts.

Take it at face value and you may miss some pertinent information like was the bike battery a LiON type, if it was did it have any over/under voltage protection, how long was the connection made, how far out of balance was the amp capacity between the bike and car battery. Unless I stood a chance of dying in a Himalayan snow drift next to my dead bike there is no way I would connect a Shoria to a car battery in attempt to start it.
Using a car battery is 100% safe to jump start a bike regardless of battery type or amperage rating. A battery is nothing more than a storage unit for an electrical charge. How it's stored or how much amperage is available makes no difference. The only time you would possibly have an issue is if jumping from a running car. In that situation the alternator from the car will actually be pushing current and could be too much for the electronics of the bike.
'11 EC250R
'98 KDX220