View Single Post
Old 09-27-2008, 11:28 PM

I just got done taking the clutch components out.

First thing I noticed is that the Gasser has waaay better clutch components than my Kawasaki.

I squeezed the clutch lever to see how much throw I got which made the clutch lever pump up something fierce. I'll have to bleed it to get the pressure down so the rod moves back.

The only to-spec area is that the steels are flat, with no edge to them. Everything else, however, needs some attention:

The friction plates are well below tolerances (.105 inches/2.67mm) and the springs are a tad compressed (1.7 inches/43.2mm). Time for a new clutch kit from, who? Go Fasters? He mentioned that I would need OEM steels as aftermarket steels don't work so well in the Gasser. Hopefully he can get them to me before next weekend's club ride.

The basket didn't have horrific peening, but there was some. Not nearly has bad as on my KDX. I lightly filed it down.

What was somewhat alarming to me was the outside edge of the basket fingers which was independent of the peening. They had some pronounced edges to me -- something like a serrated butter knife. Like a bad sand casting. The inside edge was smooth and round. I filed the outside edge to get rid of the grabbies.

That's it for now.