View Single Post
Old 12-09-2014, 08:51 PM

How about welding a thicker post on made out of Chromemoly?

So instead of bolting the kickstand on you slide it onto the post, thread the other end and put a washer and lock nut. I could not envision it breaking a piece of chromemoly. Worst case it bends a little but at least you would not have a total failure of the bolt breaking. Mine typically has broken in the garage and I have been lucky not to get hurt, this was the first time it broke on the trail.

No letting the kickstand come up on it's own...who would do that anyways!!! No soft dirt I always find a rock or stick...never had a sinking kick stand issue.

I'll tell you what if i ever get injured due to the poor design of the kickstand maybe a lawsuit will get GasGas to put a REAL one on their bikes. Totally uncalled for, a racer can remove it if they are worried about weight...a trail rider NEEDS it, and a PLATED rider really needs it. I otherwise LOVE the bike. I'm surprised due to the bike being legit on EU roads a reliable way to keep the bike up is not a must by the EU.

I'll pay an aftermarket company $150 to give me a reliable kickstand versus this joke.