View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 01:33 PM

Sorry about not responding sooner - just have not been on the forum.

Bike is a 2011 EC 300 Six day model. It came with OEM radiator braces. I did not request a second tank from Clarke to test. My experience with Clarke tanks has been very positive in the past (at least 4 tanks) and I did not even consider that there could be/would be significate flutations in the tank sizing.

I did not attempt to force bend the radiators or bend anything in order for the tank to work. I simply attempted to install the new tank and it was not even close on the radiator/shroud fitment. I did put a significant amount of pressure on the radiators to see if I could get the tank to work; but it was short of bending the radiator braces. I could have looked at relocating mount tabs, etc. to get an fit; but in my opinion this should have been basically a bolt-on tank.

I do also appreciate the note from Clarke that indicated that I was not the first to have troubles fitting the 2011 model with their tank. Numberous posts about this same tank on 2010 models.

I did not know what the physical changes were betweent the model years of 2010 and 2011 - FWIW