View Single Post
Old 11-29-2023, 05:36 PM

Wink

Thanks for your reply folks! I ve ordered a new seal and an o ring to rule these things out.
I've also researched a bit more in this topic in general and it looks like the seal should be vacuum tested instead of pressure testing, since transmission oil or air that messes up the carburetor air fuel mixture are sucked in when piston travels up. At least that's how I understand it...
Unfortunately I have no equipment for a vacuum test to see if the seal leaks inside towards the crankshaft bearing.
As soon as I get the replacement parts I ll reinstall everything w/o heat and center spacer on the crankshaft and update on the results of a leak test.

I've also suspected the spacer that sits on the crankshaft and seals against the lip of the oil seal to may cause a leak due to wear. However when I run a leak test and rotate the crankshaft at the same time it keeps leaking from the same spot. So I assume if the spacer is indeed the problem the leak should have traveled with the rotation of the spacer against the seal.