View Single Post
Old 10-05-2017, 04:30 AM
Super Moderator

I had/have a 2010 model as well. Solid little bike.. I can't recall the exact hours I put on it, but it'd be up over 300hrs, with the crank rebuilt at 260hrs (done purely for maintenance).

If it's been well maintained I don't think you'll have any issues. Pretty bomb proof little units. You may want to double check the specs on what you have though as a there were several models released with varying suspension setups.

I wouldn't be too concerned about the electric leg, but that's just me personally. Once the bike is dialled in it should start easily and be pretty resilient to stalling. Every now and then you get caught out somewhere difficult, but that happens and saves having to maintain the starter setup.

It looks pretty tidy, but I'd be asking why there is a new cylinder and piston in it? Has it been swimming etc? I wouldn't expect to wear out a bore in 145hrs unless if it's been drowned or dusted, and then I'd be considering what damage may have occurred in the bottom end.

I'm in Australia, and I think the price might be a bit steep for a Gasser. They're usually a fair whack cheaper than the competition to buy new, and known for not holding their value well at all.

And finally, the side stand in the pic looks after market The tab on the frame is known to snap off if owners let the stand return under it's own force too often.