Thread: Smart Carb
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2017, 08:05 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

I went through two CDIs, three spark plugs, two coils, a Keihin AS2, and a Lectron before I figured out that I had a plugged silencer. I'm not saying that you have a plugged silencer, but you might want to check the packing.

Another consideration is excess oil in the expansion chamber. I had a PW80 that would NOT run properly, but it sure knew how to smoke. A lot. I decided to take off the pipe and remove the choke washer from the pipe inlet, and when I took off the pipe about 8 oz of nasty smelly two stroke oil came out. Best I could tell is that they couldn't start the bike, flooded it, and the excessive gas/oil collected in the expansion chamber, and the gas eventually evaporated leaving the oil behind, which choked the bike (and my neighborhood) something awful.

Regarding the possibility of the right side seal leaking, drain your gear oil. Put in a specific amount, ride for a while, then drain and measure. That should tell you if you have a leaking right side seal.

Whatever you decide, good luck, as I know how frustrating these inconsistent gremlins are.