Thread: Smart Carb
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2017, 09:26 PM

I'm fairly certain it's not the silencer. Mine doesn't even have a full season on it. I guess its possible my pipe is filed with oil, but I never had any flooding problems, and I bought my pipe brand new along with my silencer last summer. I had the same idle problem even when the exhaust was brand new. I always measure my clutch/tranny oil, and its always in the center of the sight glass. I guess I would have lost more by now if the seal was leaking.

I just hate getting called lazy with my jetting. I've tried 3 or 4 needles, and plenty of jets with each, and never did get it figured out. I'm sure Kehin carbs can be great if you spend a ton of time figuring out what works in what temperatures (and elevations if you live in the mountains), but I just don't want to spend that time. I was hoping the smart carb would be better, but so far it is not. Its as good as a half decent jetted kehin.

I'm ordering the solder to measure my squish, and assuming it needs it, I'll have my head cut. Maybe that will help me out. I hope I don't have too high expectations for my idle. I would like to at least be able to start it and put on my helmet. Mine will die in seconds. I've had bikes in the past and they would idle nearly forever.