View Single Post
Old 02-11-2020, 12:24 PM

I have a 2010 250F

The only engine mod I did was to sort out the accelerator pump. The O-ring mod is good but the O-rings break over time so I ended up lock-wiring the two bits together in addition to the O-ring.

The accelerator pump leak jet makes a huge difference. IIRC I went to a #40 and that corrected the flame out problem.

Keep up with the valve clearance. These motors tend to wear out the middle intake valve much more quickly than the others. Tight valves makes the engine hard to start when cold.

The stupid plastic hot-start fitting on my carb broke so I removed it and plugged the hole. There are metal replacements but I never needed the hot-start.

WRT the engine oil. The GasGas takes 1.25L of oil while my YZ250 takes considerably less so I really don't see this as an issue.

My 2010 EC250F has been a great bike. I rode it for 6 seasons and have now handed it over to the wife. Ours must have 400-500 hours on it and the only engine part I have replaced was the middle intake valve. Everything else is OEM.