View Single Post
Old 11-05-2010, 04:06 PM

Default First test ride

So I manged to grab an hour before dark today and put it all together for real and took off for a quickie.

1) The feel wasn't as progressive as the old, grabbed short and quick, but that may have more to do with it not being broken in plus the heavier springs and the fact that my old clutch was worn out making it very progressive. Hopefully it will break in and do better. Very easy to stall on take off. I figure it will either break in or I will adapt. Come to think of it my sons 250 feels more like this, so it may be what I have grown used to. EDIT----took her out again for a longer ride and the feel is getting much better now

2) Would start in gear even before it had time to warm up (see easy stalling above ). That was something I was worried about.

3) Heavier springs were noticeably harder to pull in. I guess there is no free lunch and maybe they will loosen a bit.

4) Didn't want to abuse it just yet, but tried to get the bike in a little bind to see if there was any slip and couldn't find any. Slave cylinder must be within its range and fully releasing.

5) Neutral was very easy to find, even cold

6) No unusual noises or anything unexpected other than what I have stated. I am calling it a success and don't think more riding will reveal anything, but if I do I will post.

If anyone has a question feel free, if this post is stale you may need to shoot me an email telling me you have posted a question.

Last edited by kendunn; 11-07-2010 at 12:05 PM.