View Single Post
Old 08-28-2006, 11:28 AM

Default " Monkey Butt 79"

Boy do I agree with U about these seats. Mine's a fse450 '05. I used to think Ktm had the hardest seats. No way!
I have a cheaper remedy for U that works great! In July I went on a 140 mile dualsport meet on my fse450. We did 1/3 single track and the rest forest service,jeep trails and private landowner skidroad/dozer trail type stuff. We had one break about in the middle to gas up and refresh for awhile. I was worried before I went so I tried on an old pair of mountain bike 6 panel shorts that have the synthetic chamois crotch pad to eliminate "Monkey Butt". It was amazing! I coulda kept riding! No pain at all! I wore the Thor over the boot Ride Pants that day and they had plenty of room inside with no restrictions.
Evs has the "Ultimate" with hip and thigh padding, and "Ride Plus Short" that are plain. They look like they breathe really well and Evs states " Synthetic chamois crotch pad virtually eliminates "Monkey Butt".
I like the hard seat 'cause I can move forward and backwards quickly. I might be wrong but I would think with a softer seat, U would sink down a bit, making it a little harder to move around quickly.
'01 XR440
'09 FZ1

Last edited by flybars; 09-11-2006 at 06:30 PM.