Thread: Time to Ride ?
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2015, 04:28 PM

All my work is during the week. So I typically ride every weekend (weather permitting), unless it is summer and light until 8pm, then I get some weekday rides in as well.

When I hear about others, I find I am very lucky because I live directly adjacent to the largest state forest in NJ and surrounding areas. I ride right out of my garage, hit almost endless miles of trails and be back home in 2-3 hours...geared up and then broken down in my garage in 10 minutes. My wife can go shopping and do some errands in the morning, and I will beat her back to the house (all while getting in 30-40 miles of single track). The only time I ever need to load my bike is when I go to a hare scramble. Not that my wife cares, but she goes out shopping and visiting her family longer than I ride.

Fortunately I have a good riding network of friends, and get lots of invites to go places, but 95% of the time, everyone just comes to my place (which selfishly makes it easy for me, but gives them a safe place to ride as well). Plus, I would also say that the pine barrens has some of the best single track anywhere in the country (all sand dirt loam) and no rocks. It constantly changes and you will meet dozens of people all from the ECEA (east coast enduro association) riding on any given weekend in my woods.

The only problem I have is even with a couple dozen folks on my text lists, I still sometimes find it difficult to find people to ride with on the weekends...priorities people!!