View Single Post
Old 02-07-2019, 02:13 AM

My experience with these AXP guards on the 2019 EC 250/300 models is that they don't fit out of the box, unless they have been modified in the last couple of months. I bought mine last October.

GasGas have changed the sump drain bolt on the 2019 from a flush type with countersunk allen hex to a standard hex head that stands proud of the cases. This proud head fouls the rear frame hooks on the guard and you can't get them into position.

I emailed AXP to ask them about this but they didn't realise as they had not checked fitment on the 2019 models at that time.

You can replace the 2019 sump bolt with a 2018 item and the 6mm will fit fine. The 8mm type is too rigid to get the rear linkage guard into position. I gave up after several hours of fighting it and swapped to a 6mm.

My riding buddy had to heavily modify his 8mm guard to get it to fit his 2019 including moving one of the rear frame hooks to clear the sump bolt and heating the linkage flap to bend it. I think he had to cut the flap back a little as well.

All that aside, these are really well made products and very robust. I much prefer a plastic guard to a metal one.