View Single Post
Old 05-15-2019, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzhitshard View Post
I would be very interested in seeing a quick video of this.
Your bike have an EC or XC pipe? I wonder if there is a difference in the belly diameter of the pipes that may allow a little more clearance. I worked on it for a while & I'm almost certain my XC wasn't clearing it no matter what approach I used.

I'd love to be wrong. frankly the bike is a bit noisy with the plate being able to shift right because I moved the mounting bracket. I modded it mostly because there was no way I was pulling the pipe and skid plate every time I changed the oil.
Haven't taken my XC250 pipe off once to get mine on. Just get a bit forthright with it. Pair of gloves on helps! Get frame rail hooks in position first then flex front under pipe & give it a good whack to get over pipe mount. Mine has chewed a bit of plastic out going over pipe mount so fits piece of piss now! Maybe a bit of dremel work if ya worried but they go on fine. They're plastic-they flex!

Pull mine every 3-4 rides to change oil. Easy as. Buy a 10mm ratchet ring spanner(got one from China for a few bucks) to speed up bolt removal. Can seriously fit or remove in minutes. Hardest bit is the bolt removal/installation.