View Single Post
Old 01-02-2014, 08:16 PM

Blatantly copied and pasted: This is exactly what ive just posted on ThumperTalk. Im no 2 stroke expert - but these are my experiences and they may just help someone else at sometime, hence i thought id get them up in this thread:

"Well, the GasGas ive just bought is the first 2-stroke ive had; and the previous owner had been running the bike on Putoline MX5 Synthetic (Not sure if you guys in the USA have this oil). Runs great - but did have a little, quite thick spooge. Ive been running this at 50:1 as suggested by previous owner and many other GasGas owners.

I do 'lug' the bike quite a bit, and arent at the top of the rev-range / into the powerband very much. So after alot of reading i decided to buy and try some Motul 710 after reading about its great quality, great smell and most importantly its lower flash-point and "less spooge" properties.

My Gasser is pre-mix, so i pretty much ran the old tank of fuel out, filled up at 50:1 using Motul 710 and went out to ride. Also re-filled up halfway through and ran another tankful through (100 mile ride in total).

And its completely against pretty much all the reviews ive read, but IMO i had more (Certainly thinner, more watery and more messy ?) spooge ! Same bike, same ratio - just different oils. Bike ran great and MAY have even felt a little stronger, especially in the mid-range, but my spooge issues certainly didnt appear to improve dramatically.

From reading up, it would seem that to do it 100% "by the book" i should really now re-jet possibly for this particular oil and this mixture ratio. Maybe: All i can tell you is a straight oil swap and nothing else certainly wasnt a game-changer for me........"