View Single Post
Old 05-28-2019, 08:33 PM

Default 47 hours! Intermittent estart!!!

Has anyone seen this:

https://motocrossactionmag.com/mxa-f...gas-gas-xc300/

After 47 hours, my estart stopped working!
With 5 hours the bendix cap exploded internally because the shaft.
I bought the AS3 cover and it did not mess up any more.
The dealer was recommended that I clean the system every 25 hours...
Well:
After the last cleaning, the match started to get worse.
Now it does, but it does not start the engine.
There seems to be a bit of battery power left before the engine starts.
I use the lithium battery that came on the bike. The battery upgrade here in Brazil is practically priceless and reading the other topics, I do not think that the problem will be solved definitively, or it will be for a period which does not compensate the investment in a new battery.

My mechanic says de battery begins to die.

When new, ok!

Now the necessary power to start de engine, is not more available and new battery is necessary, but is no sense for me.

At first, except for the frustration of having the estart and the same does not work (I bought the bike aware of the chronic problem of the estart), I have no problem in getting it started on the kick start pedal.

A question:
Does anyone use lead battery?
I wonder why your motorcycles here in Brazil come from the factory with the lead battery (SHERCO, KTM ...) and work well!

*The lead battery is much more affordable here.

I know the extra weight, but without working properly, I carry those extra pounds.

Watching the video above, I also think about eliminating the estart system (less weight to load and less ways to have problems), but I have some doubts:

If Iremove the battery, will the original odometer and these functions continue to work?
And the headlight?

The magnet cover I already got!

It's the GG EC 300 2014/2015 model !!!

Anyway, if anyone can help me with the above questions, thank you very much.