View Single Post
Old 12-18-2020, 02:56 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Default Kickstarter locked up

While riding in the snow yesterday night, I had to take a break since I was quite exhausted from batteling the 15cm of wet snow.

I stopped the engine, had a chat with my riding mates, and kicked it over a couple of times. Didn't start.. On the third kick the kickstarter stopped against something hard. The lever moves from the resting position and to the position where it engages. There it is full stop.

As I have a Rekluse clutch, I'm unable to push start it, and had to haul it out with the help of a rope and a strong friend.

Haven't opened it yet, will wash and dismantle during the weekend.
I hope ist is just a displaced spring or some other "simple" cause.

Anyone with experience to share?

The bike has now done 310 hours, and I'm afraid it's beginning to show its age. That don't fit my plan, as I had planned to ride it for at least a couple of more years before buying something else. Hmmm...

"So you know, that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill" (Little Feat: Old Folks Boogie)

2015 EC200 Racing: TE bars, Rekluse Core Exp 3.0, 38mm Lectron & Ohlins S3 steering damper
2006 EC200: 2011 plastics, Rekluse Z-Start, revalved KYB forks & Scotts steering damper
1998 Bimota Supermono
1986 Duc Mille S2
1975 Guzzi sidecar hack
1961 Morini Corsaro 125
etc