View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 04:55 PM
Super Moderator

My comparison is not a fair one as I never invested in revalving the stock shock. I tuned it as best I could with a heavier spring and working the clickers. I think it actually responded better with the lighter spring as it felt pretty horrible with the 5.4, and much plusher with a 5.2.

In the TTX I am running a 5.4 spring. I have had some hsc taken out by Ohlins USA. I have requested the actual changes and am waiting on that. Its worlds apart from the 888 stock vs stock though. The only gripe I have with the TTX is that it sometimes kicks the back end when hitting logs at pace, especially if you don't get the front wheel over. I haven't known a shock that can deal with this perfectly either though so maybe I'm asking too much? With the ttx dialled in now its a dream. Its almost hard to break traction in the right conditions as its hooking up so well. Lots of front wheel action, even around corners getting into it hard. It makes trail trash disappear and tracks true and straight through the bigger hits. I'm pretty sold on it. If I can just tune out the kicking ninja log action I'll be stoked. Even with it the way it is my pace has lifted to a point where I actually have to add more fluid into the forks to increase the bottoming resistance for g-outs.

What Glenn says is also valid though. Having any shock thats tuned to you will be worlds ahead of one thats not. I just found the TTX very close straight out of the box.