Thread: VIN Decoder
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2021, 10:21 AM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sfdemo View Post
I have a 2013 XC 250, or what was purportedly one.
Definitely a 2 stroke electric start.
Bike was white with custom graphics and was a dealer demo for the owner of the shop.
I bought it from the guy who bought it from the dealer, but he?s pretty clueless, but a nice guy.
The VIN is VTRECH2C2DG400063
Model on title says GG-E3013
Engine says EC30 by shifter, which prompted my confusion, as well as some off parts that came with it in a box from the dealer that says XC300 demo.
It will be important when I have to do the top end.

Thanks in advance
Rob
Rob,
I'm not good with the VIN of "newer" model Gassers, so I don't want to give you any bad info on the VIN.
However, I can assist you with a bit of information concerning your bike.
The 250 and 300cc GasGas engines are identical, except for the cylinder, piston & rings, and the cylinder head. (Don't let the markings on the bottom end of the motor confuse you.)
An example: When I got my 2006 DE300, the importer had already sold the bike I ordered, so they sent me a 2006 DE250 with an additional 300cc top end. (The DE was a specially equipped EC model imported to the US for a year or two.) I dismantled the new bike's top end and exchanged the still new 250 top end for the 300c top end; and shipped the 250 top end to the importer.
'11 Gas Gas EC250 (primary ride)
'06 Gas Gas DE300
2004 Gas Gas TXT300 Pro
'94 Husaberg FE350
'86 Yamaha IT200
'86 Honda TRL200 Reflex
'04 KTM 525EXC (soon to be dual sported)
Several others, including project bikes, Deb's bike, and a fleet of grandkids' bikes

Let's go riding!
http://www.jebruns.com/Wudi19/wudi19.html
http://www.ahrma.org/schedules-results/cross-country/