Thread: Weird jetting!
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2019, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by (F5) View Post
I had a racebike with a marginal ignition that used to eat plugs.
I grafted on a cr ignition and problem went away. Coil and plug cap might be a good start.
Thanks for bringing that up. It has been simmering for a while but i'm gonna look into the ignition coil. I looked at the coils on my kids bikes (kx65 and 85) and both fit onto the gasser. Both have big bike plugs in them (br9ix and br10eg) so would I be wrong in thinking they should work on my bike if I want to do some testing?

I recently unpluged my voltage regulator as that was the last change I had done to the bike before it started fouling plugs. Fouled a new plug within a 1hr ride anyways.

Today I cleaned up the power valve as it was sticking a bit, i doubt it wil change the fouling plugs but i'm looking forward to see how the power will be affected. I want to change things by process of elimination so that know exactly what is wrong. Next up on the list is checking/replacing the reeds and changing the needle as someone had pointed out that it might be worn out. I also realized the gap on the plugs I have been buying from my local Honda dealer was way too small so I will now be keeping a eye on that and setting to the right spec (0.6).

I dont think my rh crank seal is leaking because the trans oil stays clean and the level doesn't budge.

I dont get much riding done these days for one because of the long winters and I just got back from 2 months in Latvia. I know riding with my kids at lower speeds might be one of the causes for fouling plugs and that just riding faster and at higher rpm might fix it, but I still need to figure out why plugs are sudenly craping out on me.

Any other ideas?