View Single Post
Old 12-21-2016, 04:08 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybob69 View Post
Thanks for the replies.

Can you explain what you mean by "non-supported" bikes now. Do you mean that the bikes are no longer made? But I'm assuming that you can still get parts for them? Engines, forks n shocks apart, the rest of the bike(s) look interchangeable with other GG 4s. Is that not the case?
Correct, none of these bikes are made now. But that shouldn't keep you off buying them (at least not the EC250F). While I don't know the Cami (I have never seen one here in my part of the world), the EC250F is, for all practical purposes, a standard Yamaha engine in a standard Gasgas chassis. Getting parts for either should be no problem. Gasgas did change some small details around the Yamaha engine (adding a hydraulic clutch and removing the dry sump oil tank), but that shouldn't make any problems parts-wise.
In your case, I would go with the 250F.

"So you know, that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill" (Little Feat: Old Folks Boogie)

2015 EC200 Racing: TE bars, Rekluse Core Exp 3.0, 38mm Lectron & Ohlins S3 steering damper
2006 EC200: 2011 plastics, Rekluse Z-Start, revalved KYB forks & Scotts steering damper
1998 Bimota Supermono
1986 Duc Mille S2
1975 Guzzi sidecar hack
1961 Morini Corsaro 125
etc