View Single Post
Old 05-30-2020, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahluablast99 View Post
I have a 2003 Wild HP 300 and was wondering the same thing about where to get parts. I am in need of tie rods and am working with American Star out of Utah to see if he can find a suitable tie rod that will work on this quad. He had me take a number of measurements and pictures so I am hopeful he can find one that will fit. I think the ones on my quad were shortened - they measure 13 inches without ends and it only threads 1/4 to 1/2 inch on to the ends. The previous owner may have had the stock ones cut down since he used it for TT'ing and he was running the narrower a-arms.

Any suggestions for other sources for tie rods would be appreciated. Also, can I get a measurement on the stock tie rods? I have a feeling the stock rods for a 2003 should measure 14 inches or more since the A-arms are so wide.

Thanks,
Kevin
Mine measure 15 3/4 inches nut to nut on the rod itself, that doesn't include the ball joints. I have 4/1 wheels on the front and the total wheelbase comes in just short of 51 inches outside wheel tip to tip. The quad came factory stock with the 52 inch road set up, though a previous owner took all the stuff off.
I never measured the front wheelbase with the oe wheels, they had a newish set of sand tires on them with matching rear wheels when I got the quad. My friend wanted them, so I gave them to him, Im not planning to ride in soft sand enough to justify storing them.