View Single Post
Old 08-26-2012, 08:28 PM

I was presented with the option of a 2012 'berg 300 or a '12 gasser 300.

I have rode both now and do not regret getting the gasser. I am a Vet A rider and could have adapted to either and been ok.

I am not a big guy and do not notice the weight all that much. I notice most when lifting the bike on the stand.

As far as the engine, you must have read the dirt rider/ bike article talking about the power valve being similar to the ATAC or KIPS. I can tell you now, that this engine is nothing like either of those. It comes on with a snap and pulls hard. It isn't as abrupt as my KXs that I raced but not electric electric smooth like my '05 gasser. It has all the reponse and zip that any mortal rider would need. I also have a friend in AA who rides a 12 300 and he loves the motor.

I could go on but I don't want to sound preachy. You can surely search on here and see the issues that people have had with their bikes. You can do the same on KTMtalk. The guys who have problems are the ones posting. Trying to fix the issues. Most guys who are 100% happy will not say a word . They are too busy riding the wheels off their new bike.. I probably am one of the 100% happy guys but decided to post since I have someone else driving me home from the race that I did today.