View Single Post
Old 06-25-2011, 09:07 PM

Default Air filter access on electric start 2stroke's

It is hidious and GasGas should be ashamed to let the E-start 2strokes leave the factory like that. Im pissed evertime i have to do a filter. Not to mention i am blowing through filters that are tearing a tiny cut on top. I now know that it is the seat doing it and not the cage during installation. Originally i thought i was cutting the filters during installation because the fit is that tight!!!! And for anyone that has not done an air filter on an E start 2strone, i am not being dramatic about it. Gasgas welded a bracket in between the top subframe rails towards the rear fender. The battery sits in this bracket. Problem is that the battery bracket takes up almost all the normal area that u would use to intall the air filter. So now u only have a small square hole to squeeze the filter in and install it. I am disgusted with this area of maintaining the bike. I am considering looking into some type of way to modify the left side panel/airbox so that i can install the filter from the left side directly into the bike. Im thinking that with the right hardware and some careful cutting i could make some sort of hinged door with dzuz fasteners to do filter changes. I have trimmed my seat and i am hoping that the filters will not get the slit cut in them anymore. Ok ok u guys listened to me rant........now what do u suggest?