View Single Post
Old 09-23-2014, 04:06 AM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

I would pull the whole bike apart, pull motor out and disassemble. Clean and check everything and reroute the vent from the carb up to the headstem(if not already done).
After that I would ride in deserts and avoid water and kicking the bike with no plug in
Cheers Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by knocklife View Post
2012ec300r

After my bike was completely submerged in water, i went to flush it out and the bike cought fire from the spark plug wire and fumes from gas coming out of the top end.

http://youtu.be/OEbpChGpA8I

after this happened I was able to get the bike started back up.. it took 3 to 4 hours and about a thousand kicks to get the water completely out of the motor and get it running again, I ended up riding 15 to 20 miles back to my friends boat, then transferred it back to the island I live on and got it home safely.

if you watch the video above you can see that a lot of sand was thrown onto the bike and some I know got into the motor from trying to get the fire put out.

The issue i am having is that it will not rev past 1/4throttle to 2/3 throttle, it breaks up, and isnt consistent at all. It idles pefect and revs at top rpm fine, but not in the middle.

since then I have repaired all electrical wires on the bike because they were severely damaged and also clean the carburetor 3 times changed spark plug 3 different times change the throttle cable clean the air filter, checked the reeds, checked piston and rings.

i am out of ideas at this point, it ran fine on the way home and up until i put it all back together. Anyone have some advice on what i should do next?

Thanks,

Nick
2008 280 Raga replica
2012 Gas gas ec 300 E