View Single Post
Old 12-04-2008, 07:17 PM

Default General update on my 450 FSE

New to this site and to GasGas ( about 60days). But, I definitely like my GG. It sorely needs my personal touch, but it's more than worth the effort.

Like other posts in the injection category,. I've been having a devil of a time figuring out how to get it started in the morning. I read the posts and cursed the fuel injection system. It's just not like the FI on my CBR. The CBR auto chokes the motor so it starts in 2 seconds regardless of the temp. When the temp reaches 100f the idle slows and it's ready to go. At over 5k rpm a secondary injector kicks in for each cylinder to just make the bike scream.
The GG has none of this and it doesn't even have an idle adjustment as far as I can see.

Anyway, all of this aside, I finally found the magic method for early morning starts. And for that, I'm happy. For my bike, a bike that doesn't like starting in the morning, I recycle the FI 6 times one right after another. Doing nothing other than turning the switch on until the cycling noise stops. Than turning it off and recycling it again. After 6 recycles, it starts within 2-3 seconds without fail. Since this is such a production, I replaced the key with an on-off switch. Makes the whole thing easier.

Next thing,
I completed the fitting of my rear DRZ 400 SM wheel to the back of my GG. Used a S rotor. Ground 1/8" off a standard DRZ spacer for the sprocket side. Uses the short GG spacer on the Rotor side and I was good to go.

As good as the GG is for single tracking in the dirt , it's just as good with a 150-60-17 on the back on a paved mountain road. I like it!!

So, next is the fitting of a KTM 17 for the front.

With the DRZ rear hub, I can go as low as a 36t for the rear. and with that, it cruises nicely at 75-80 mph.

Hope this is interesting to at least some of you.

Tony