View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 12:08 PM

#4 is definitely for the brake switch

I have a Vapor I'm going to try to hook up as well, but it doesn't look like the US harness or bike in general is dashboard-ready from my quick glance at it.

What did you do for the speedometer magnet? My 2013 brake disc doesn't even have a hole for a magnet, so the magnet will probably have to be glued on somehow. On the plus side, it looks like the caliper bracket is drilled for the sensor. I have one that is pirated from my KTM 250 XCF-W that I plan to use.

My trail tech has an inline temp sensor, but you have to cut the radiator hose to mount it. I've never bothered on previous bikes. The KTM had a plug in the top of the radiator that a brass sensor screwed into, but no such luck on the Gas Gas.

I think the power wire is necessary. I doubt the little battery in there will last very long as the primary power source. When I had this dashboard on my Husky SM, we just took the wire straight to the battery. Maybe splice in to the key switch or headlight so that its only receiving battery power when the bike is running? Is yours e-start?