Thread: TuBliss
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2009, 11:26 PM

Tires 101 for the ISDE.

Step 1. Get ISDE tire order form from Metzeler.

Step 2. Fill out order form. Get Metzeler Six Days Extreme tires in the proper size for your motorcycle (E1 bikes - 120/90, E2/E3 bikes - 140/80). Depending on the plan/budget, I recommend trophy riders get 6 fronts and 6 rear tires while most average club riders can go with 3 fronts and 5 rear tires. For mousses, order the correct size for the tire (don't stick a 120 mousse in a 140 tire) and for quantity get 2 front and 2 rear mousses.

Step 3. Forget about anything tire related except learning how to change them quickly.

Step 4. Show up at ISDE. Walk to Metzeler pits. Give Wolfgang cash for tires/mousses. Ask Wolfgang for the special tire package. Load tires and mousses on Metzeler scooter. Ride in style back to your pits.

Step 5. Enjoy racing one of the oldest international motorcycle competitions in the world, and don't worry about your tires for the entire event.

*Sorry if I offend anyone with this post, but this is the best tire program for most ISDE racers. This is the recommended tire program for the average (and not so average) ISDE racer.