View Single Post
Old 10-19-2014, 10:12 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Default HoHP Pipe and Silencer A+

Well folks I've managed to squeak in a few miles on the EC300R with the House of Horsepower pipe, silencer and jetting.

First thing that was obvious after firing the bike up was, the idle was suddenly too high. A good sign OK, adjusted the idle down, blipped the throttle a few times and noticed the exhaust tone now has a deep, throaty sound, with a throttle response that is spot on perfect.

Now the fun begins...

After 3 laps I'm feeling like a hero and giggling like a school girl. The bike is pulling off bottom like its never done before, and feels more like a true open class 2 stroke. Just roll into a turn, upshift and the 300 is pulling HARD coming out and without using the clutch, Every turn, just lean in, roll out, while listening to that deep exhaust note. It actually barks! BTW, the exhaust note is not offensive at all. Its actually pretty quiet for a "straight thru" silencer.

Now I'm thinking...with this increase in bottom, I must have lost something on over rev so I do a few high speed passes...and it actually scared me. For the first time ever with my EC, I felt a little head shake. Then again... maybe it due to the bike pulling so hard, I'm just not strong enough to hang on to it.

Starting on lap 4 my arms suddenly feel like cement so I point the bike back to the shop to call Richard, and let him know this setup rocks. As I'm dialing his number, I noticed my map switch had somehow been clicked over to the soft power mode.

I hang up on Richard just as he is saying hello (sorry buddy) helmet and gloves go back on, and I head out again with the map switch set to aggressive.

Suddenly I now have another power delivery that's completely different than what I was used to prior. Crisp, clean and simply ripping thru the gears. Stab the clutch coming out of a turn and the front end is pointing skyward, even in a gear too tall...and I'm still running 13/48 gearing! On top, it just keeps revving, screaming so hard it will make you wonder if the main needs to go up 1 or 2 sizes.

Simply put, I've never experienced this much difference in a simple pipe and silencer change. Plus the cone pipe earns maximum bling points for those who can appreciate the beauty of all those welds. Richard has put together a terrific package that will not disappoint in performance...or looks. Well done sir!