View Single Post
Old 06-02-2010, 01:45 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by geraldh View Post
This is my bit after been invited to ride with some verry skilled Guys.

Mmmmm So here we go….

The morning started off at Traitors at about 6:30 I was a little apprehensive to say the least , Riding with Ant and his bunch! 5 Poo’s later and I was about as ready as I would ever be, so off we go (talent ,luck, sense of humor and I)and some other riders.

About 10 min in I realized that that silicone spray makes your plastics look great, but F*^K it makes the seat slippery, 5 min after that TALENT decided that this was not for him and abandoned me just when I needed him most, it was a good thing that I still had Luck and sense of humor. After much swearing and sweating we got Ant to down Grade the Ride from (I’m gona Kill you ALL) to (this is where I take My 10 year old) things seamed OK and Luck and Sense of Humor were enough to help me get to probably about 45 min from the end of the ride, this was where luck decided that goats get scared on these down hills and off camber paths, and so it was just me and sense of humor left. Finely after more Sweating Swearing and a little riding My sense of Humor abandoned me on the side of a not so bad Single track climb somewhere between Peach pip and traitors….. and I was alone…….. as it turned out Luck was waiting for me at the top because after that climb we turned back and the rest of the ride seamed Ok Except for the 1 or 2 serious down hills that would have felt more comfortable with a Harness and some abseiling kit.

I must say I was pretty happy to se my Van in the parking lot and it seams that my sense of humor had taken a short cut and was waiting for us to get back, because after 1 or 2 Township Dumpies I felt much better about the ride. I still haven’t tracked down Talent so if you guys are in the valley next weekend keep an eye open for me.. starting the next ride without him could be bad..

So with an Elbow like a tennis ball and a Knee like a soccer ball, I will just put it down to a character building experience. My greatest thanks to the brilliant guys who invented Valtaren anti inflatories..

Cheers
Gerald
Excellent! Well written.
We have some friends in common.Talent also often deserts me, but buggers off with Good luck as well.That leaves me with age & fitness,& nether of them like me anyway!