View Single Post
Old 12-09-2009, 12:41 AM

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshalls113 View Post
All these are valid points. As someone who was trying to sell GG's for years, I wish they would listen. Pointing out that there are other bikes that have problems to, is not the point. Those other bikes are what people are used to, they are going to get a pass on many of their problems. GasGas has to be better, especially if it's not going to be cheaper. The European mentality of "we build a great motorcycle and everyone should buy it regardless" is the problem. Americans need justification for their purchases. I've even seen the bike get blamed for the lack of mechanical skill by the owner, where if it was a Honda he would have blamed himself for that broken bolt or the engine that blew because it never had a top end.

Dan
I may be wrong but aren't you double dipping there? So because Honda has a major valve issue that they ignore and they are a major manufacturer it can be overlooked (or are we expected to just get used to it). Makes the original post look pretty minor IMHO.

Yes the Gassers have faults but is it really any worse than any other manufacturere's?

Cheers
Sunshine Coast, Queensland
Australia