View Single Post
Old 07-05-2009, 09:52 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Well i finally got to ride this bike in normal "none slop fest" conditions. The ride was 50 miles of mixture between open raced 18" wide wooped out trails, mostly on the course of the Idaho City 100 iSDE qualifier run a month ago. But we did 20 miles of fresh non raced trails as well.

The suspension is breaking in nicely, the forks are as good as my 05 and work flawlessly, the shock is still a little stiff but is coming around, i like it.
Overall i like the units on this bike as well as the Ohlins/zokes on the 05. They seem to ride up in the travel a bit better to be honest. The 05 always seemed just a bit soft for my taste but not enough to drop a lot of money in mods so i just rode around the issues as they were minor.

The chasis on this bike after proper setup is FREAKIN AMAZING!!!!!! Best enduro i've ridden. It responds to minor imputs at the pegs and bars like a well setup race bike, i can't get over how easy it is to manuver around this bike, you can flik it with ease to avoid trail obsticles and such, it's like riding air. The extra 50cc does play a part in the handling, you can feel the extra inertia, hard to believe but it wants to stay in the direction of motion mor than the 250 does. I've already altered my riding slightly to compensate for this (more clutch use) also the extra torque at low reves will require some attention at first, little throttle imput equal allot more output on this bike, i find the map switch make a lot bigger difference on the 330 over the 250, more low end pop in the rain position less top end rush. Shifts good, gear spacing works better on the 300, had to change sprokets on the 250. It's real nice to have the extra grunt for the tech uphills.

The brakes are good as usual, top notch components through out. The seat still sucks, think KTM. another bitch is the placement of the grab holes and that the frame you have to grab is not well thought out, too high, i'm 6'2".

Gets great fuel economy, runs cool, just a great bike. I'd recommend this to any hard core trail rider or racer.
KTM990 ADV
2005 DE250, son's bike.
2004 rm 134 son?s bike
1949 HD panhead custom
2015 Beta 430 Race Edition, sold
2008 ec300, sold
2011 ec200 sold
2004 Triumph Daytona 955I(sold)
2004 Honda RC51, Nicky Edition. Sold
2003 Aprilia rsv1000 R crashed
KTM 450 XCW (sold)
Husaberg FE 501, sold, FE400. sold