View Single Post
Old 07-16-2019, 03:53 AM

Weight and cool air were my two major points when I bought my Airoh Aviator Series one for 450 USD. It was a brilliant helmet but the price was also just ridicolous.
After 5 years, in the meantime unemployed I tried the Aviator Series two and it did not fit good as they completely changed the liner. No drama as I could not afford one anyway.

Then met a rider who said his LS2 470 is even better in terms of cooling than the Airoh. Had a close look at it and I really liked it but compared to my Aviator it was a bit heavy though it was lighter than most other helmets in its price class (around 200 USD).

The guy in the shop said he has another LS 2, a MX 437 for USD 159.- I tried that and it fit extremely well and was considerably lighter. I did not buy it as I did not like the bright amber interior for the same reasons you mentioned in your write up, which I think is brilliant btw.
Also I disliked the cheapish rivet like studs with which the liner is clicked into the helmet. So I did not buy it.

Few month later I saw the helmet on Motardinn.com for 104 bucks including shipment. I bought it and used it for a year and its definitely a brilliant helmet, just not as cool due to the lesser air vents. I bought another one as a spare for 102 and now on 24mx I bought a third one for incredible 66 bucks!

The helmet has a ECE approval and I had a hard carsh with it and its done its job although I suffered a brain concussion (hard hit with my head on tarmac).
The peak is almost unbreakable. many will laugh about such a cheap helmet but I don't care :-)

My next one is the one you bought and I'll also get it in plain white. I just need the good ventilation and I can live with the higher weight.