View Single Post
Old 05-09-2014, 02:58 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Swapped the tube out and it ended up being perfect timing as our buddy showed up a little early. Everything situated on the bike and his camp gear, we bombed out for another ~30 miles. Although it was dusty, the weather was perfect and we only came across two other riders the entire time we were out (couple of guys riding the ISDE loop). It was epic riding to say the least, though after 70ish miles I was definitely ready to come back to camp for that beer and some grub.

Our last buddy arrived just in time to enjoy the fire and a bit of the good stuff; and trask-rider had a buddy ride out to join in the camp fire laughter.

The next morning came way too early and it was pretty frickin' cold...lol. Crammed some grub down with good hot coffee, and planned a route that would take us away from where the poker run was going. The goal was to knock out 30-40 miles and then head back to camp for lunch and re-fuel, then head back out for another 30-40 miles. It worked great, I think we did close to 45 miles in the morning loop and had an epic time on some of the trails. I think my favorite new trail out there is Trail 80 - what a blast - like a roller coaster with banks and spectacular scenery.