View Single Post
Old 07-26-2011, 09:46 PM

Default 6 month old=time to update the bike.

Hey all,

So it turns out having a 6 month old son leaves you with not much time to ride but plenty of time to search the Internet for upgrades for the bike and I'm looking for some advice.

Here is some background

I have a 2003 EC 200. After toying w the idea of selling the bike and looking at what I can get for it.... I decided I am going to keep this bike forever, even when I do decide to upgrade it will make a great buddy bike. So in the mean time I'm thinking upgrades.

#1 foot pegs

I would like either the fastway f3 adjustable or pivot pegz. Anybody have any thoughts on either?

#2 pipe

My bike came with an FMF fatty that has several dents. This is my first two stroke. Is it worth my time to get the dents repaired? Does it make that much difference? I do mostly slow trail riding...would I be happier with a gnarly pipe?

#3 carb

I just took my bike out for the first time this year and when I have the gas on, gas pours out of the back vent hose. Is there a common fix for the other than disassembling and reassembling the carb?

#4 top end

I had a mechanic check compression about 3 hours ride time ago and he said it was fine. Being that i want to keep this bike around for good I will need to be replacing the top end at some point. Should I stockpile a few top end kits? Do I need to be concerned about parts availability going forward? What are the first signs of a weak top end?

#5 tranny oil

My manual says 10w30 what do you all run?

Any other advice you can give to keep my bike running/useful mods would be greatly appreciated.

Great site I've been away for a while but just donated to the cause.

Thanks
Sam