Thread: Night Riding
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2010, 05:39 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Hey Nerd Frog , it was the McNutt group that got us into this. I've been following the thread at BMMC for awhile now , and inspired me and a few others to take the plunge into Darkness , literally.
Thanks to you guys posting up , i now have my first night ride under my belt.
I got the MR11 Spot/Flood combo and off we went last night to the trails out back of my place. We did hill climbs , tight twisty single track , and a little higher speed Power line runs. The MR 11 setup was very good in the trails and i would say adequate for the logging roads and power lines. Half of the time i wasn't even thinking about it being dark , i was just riding the trails. Not much hid from my vision of the trail , i could see very very well. Just the distance factor at higher speed on the open stuff would be the only limitation i would say the setup has.
I'm happy with the setup , and it didn't break the bank either , if this does turn out to be a regular thing , i might go bigger and better next year, but for getting my feet wet , this works for me.
Once again , it was Nerd Frog and his thread at Blue Mountain Motorcycle Club that inspired us to do this.
Those crazy McNutter's on the Mainland are onto a really wild thing. Now there is more riding days in the week for me

Out on the Trails on Vancouver Island , BC

Steve