View Single Post
Old 05-28-2019, 08:42 PM

I am 190 lbs, 200-205 geared up to race. I went to a 5.8 newton shock spring and went up either 1 or 2 increments stiffer in the front. They are Q springs that I got from JDP in Ohio and talked to him and these are what he suggested. Race and static sag are set perfectly with the shock spring rate he gave me. Don?t get me wrong the suspension on this bike is great I just find myself getting tossed around on whoops sometimes, maybe it is a fatigue and form issue on my part. Sometimes instead of the bike working to carry me through the whoops it will start going too far down in the stroke and get me out of rhythm, but I?m afraid if I go too far in adjustments it will be too harsh in the slow technical sections. Was just wondering if a revalve would actually show any improvement in both of these areas without too many adjustments. Maybe it?s just my issue and I should work on my skills some more.
While we?re on the subject I have the motion pro air bleeders on my forks and they seem to get filled with oil and not bleed the air properly until I let the bike sit for a few days. I wonder if this is having a big effect on the feel of the forks?