View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 07:58 AM

Default Need some help changing (inner) oil on new CC 48mm Zokes.

Hi, decided to tear into the forks on my 2012 300. I got as far as taking the cartridge out and seperating the inner and outer fork tubes (needs seals, going to look into yamaha seals, i assume the 2006-2012 yz250/450 48mm seals should fit). Only about 260cc of oil came out...very very contaminated, was all silver looking with metal contamination. Bushings looked fine though.

Anyways, backing the pfp knob out i actually cracked open the cartridge and was able to unthread the cap but the whole pfp assembly only comes out some of the way depending on where I move the damper rod and no oil comes out even though i can see the pfp spring and such. I only what to take apart enough to change the inner oil, dont really wanna tear into valving or anything else. Can someone tell what to do to get the inner cartridge oil out. I saw a few people write up how to fill/purge the cartridge but no real explanation on how to remove the oil, just dont want to disassemble more than I have too. I still have to figure out how to make a tool to retighten the cartridge cap as I know I shouldnt be using the pfp knob to do it like how it came appart. Thanks!