View Single Post
Old 09-21-2018, 01:40 PM

I bolted up everything (plastics, tank), etc, to get it ready for a few laps around my neighborhood.

I loosened up the throttle cable for proper slack. I had to remove the lock nut on the throttle and snug it all the way to slack it up. I wish I could use the stock throttle cable because it has a nice 30-degree angle tube coming off the top of the carb. I fear this is a place where the cable will abrade against the carb nipple. I will replace this cable often, as in previous experiences.

Fired it up and got it warm. Runs clean (as before with the Keihin, pre head mod). RK-Tek listened to me and kept the compression constant for 91-Octane at 2000 feet. No appreciable change in power, as I requested. It pulls more on top, and has just a little more luggability starting off in 3rd gear.

The only adjustment I made was a quarter turn on the idle screw to take the idle down a bit. I didn?t touch the metering rod or power jet.

I have plenty of room to lean it out and get crisper power, but the bike is pretty close to how I like it ? on the rich side. A Racer-Boy would want the Metering Rod quite a bit leaner, for bottom to mid, and a smidge leaner on top, maybe.

A few miles in tight single track and deep sand wash tomorrow morning will tell the tale. Then I will adjust, if needed.

Now I get to wrestle with Bib Mousses, front and rear. The front Metzler FIM 90/90 stocker is small enough that I think I'll put a used Bib in it.

[Edit] Yes. The bead is just about 99% seated. Good enough.