View Single Post
Old 02-04-2008, 06:34 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit9 View Post
What is the fascination with EnduroX???? I find it boring, synthetic, lame, sort of like football on astro turf in a domed stadium, ie w/o substance.

Enduro belongs in the woods on singletrack, in the weather, w/o laps, unknown NATURAL obstacles around every corner, no spectators, no tractor tires or telephone poles, no PA announcer splitting my ear drums with crap, no prima donnas crying over money, no idea where you are going, no idea how long you will be riding, only a clock, an odometer, the mud, trees, rocks, scorecards, arrows, hills, logs, mountains, leaves, vines, thorns, ruts, roots, blood, pain, ice, fog, snow, heat, humidity, checkpoints, 2 trees 30" apart without bark handlebar high on each one, mile markers, getting lost, alternate lines, creeks, streams, rivers, clay, deserts, rain, sand, whoops, bruises, cuts on your neck, leaves, pine straw, broken fenders, broken handguards, broken bones, broken hearts, sweat, dehydration, questions of "WHY", tears, self doubt, resilency, courage, and finally.......................

THE FINISH!

WHERE IS MY BEER!!!!!!!

LONG LIVE THE REAL ENDURO!!!!
I really enjoyed reading this.

The fascination is, drum roll please...CARNAGE! People want to see lots of CARNAGE! They want broken bikes and bodies littered all over the stadium. They want to see the worlds best Enduro racers look human. Carnage sells and big names are drawn in by big bucks. Enduro X is only gonna grow, they have been doing indoor enduros in europe for years. Its extreme and extreme sports entertain and fill seats.

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!