View Single Post
Old 07-26-2018, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil E. View Post
The blue and white wires in the female disconnect may not be factory. Using the 14 owner's manual, go through all the wiring and compare it to both diagrams. You should be able to verify how the bike started out. It's likely a non-estart bike, but it is possible that someone pulled all the parts from the estart version.

Non-estart should have a simplified loom. Another indicator is that there should be a capacitor somewhere as shown in the non-estart diagram. The regulator/rectifier is the same unit for both variants of the machine. If you can match the wiring to the non-estart diagram and all the connections look good, I'd say just buy a new voltage RR and try it. At least you have AC power from the stator so there's no need to pull the flywheel.
I actually ordered a RR yesterday sinve my crash course in dirt bike wiring led me to believe that is the issue.The wiring is pretty straight forward on this bike. The blue and white wires in that picture are actually going to the low and high contact on the headlight. If I connect a 12v battery to that contact, both filaments light up.

Thanks for the help. Ill post an update once I install a nee RR.