View Single Post
Old 07-17-2006, 11:29 PM

Default FWIW, I have an 04 EC300 with the LTR Kit

Here's my experience...

Firt off, Les' service is great. Though I think it's hard to describe what is going on with the bike over the phone so that he can give solid feedback. Sometimes I think I just need to take it to him so he can ride it himself (I'm close enough to actually do that).

My bike wouldn't even run when I got it. It wouldn't idle at all, and even when opened up ran like crap. I put in Les' kit and adjusted the pilot and idle screws per his instructions and I had a running bike. I live in Portland, OR which is essentially sea level with 70 - 90 degrees in the summer.

I had some problems with the bike stalling on down hills. Les recommended adjusting the floats. That seemed to fix the problem.

However, somewhere along the line I changed oils (I went from using Torco to Mobile 1) and started having problems with the bike not wanting to idle clean and needing to be reved out a bit. I've leaned out my fuel mix a bit (I am now running 44:1, I was at 40:1), as I was getting more smoke than I wanted, but still have the idle problem.

I don't notice it when I am riding. The bike responds fine, etc at low and mid throttle settings. Sometimes I feel like it's a little off on top, but I rarely ride there, so can't say for sure.

In any case, whatever I would like to improve isn't bothering me enough to spend the time to mess with it.

I won't say my bike is jetted perfectly, but I think it is close, and Les' kit was a huge improvement over stock.

I'm considering trying the divider plate from RB as it sounds like it may correct my problem. Maybe I can get Ron to give me his impression on my jetting as well (he's even closer ). I'm not sure if I want to try that first, or go with the head mod Erik K. raves about.

One or the other is coming up soon. I have some downtime between enduros, so now's my opportunity to get some work down. The Black Bear enduro is in November. It'll be slick NW clay for 50+ miles. I'll need all the throttle control I can get at low speeds. I'm also going to try a trials tire for the first time.

Stay tuned....
2016 Africa Twin
1975 Honda CB400 F1 (X2, projects)
2019 RE 650INT
1982 KDX80
2017 KAW EX300
1982 XL500R
2015 HUSKY FE501S
1972 HON CB175