View Single Post
Old 10-23-2016, 01:32 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Default Awesome Aftermarket Seat

Pretty new to the Gasser game. The bike seriously rocks. They are tough at nails and so much fun in singletrack. I only have one complaint....

Was it really necessary to make the seat that hard? Honestly? I truly believe a 2x4 screwed to the top of the bike would be more comfortable. I don't mind the seat if I'm running an enduro of 60-80kms. But it's totally unacceptable for a few hundred kilometer full day ride. I spent some time looking for alternatives but was disappointed that none of the major companies offer any options. Seat Concepts makes a cover, but big deal. Enduro Engineering has a kinda ok foam replacement but its only marginally better. No-one else was interested in even trying except for Fisher Seats and the price gave me a mini heart-attack.

I was kinda getting down about it and made a comment to my neighbour who was checking the bike out one day. He told me that he is a retired upholster and still does some work out of his shop. He used to do tons of snowmobile and motorcycle seats back when his shop was open and if I wanted he would give mine a go to see how I liked it.

I figured I had nothing to loose so I gave him a spare seat pan my dealer had lying around. Check out the results! I could not be happier. It looks awesome. And after a 3 day weekend of full day riding I felt totally ready to keep going.

Last edited by CDN Rick; 01-20-2018 at 05:25 PM.