View Single Post
Old 10-05-2014, 04:29 AM
Super Moderator

Back into it again today.

Serviced and revalved the Ohlins 888. Previous oil only had 20hrs on it, and still looked like new.

Revalve - Compression wise I'm a bit softer than stock. Have dropped a few face shims, but am also clamping on a 1mm larger shim. I may look at changing the last couple to .25 depending on how it rides. Rebound I've slid one of the face shims across the crossover and clamping on a 24mm shim as opposed to the stock 22mm. Previously I had clamped on a 23mm so slowly working up the HSR (as well as overall rebound). The aim is to get the rebound adj out far enough that the bleed doesn't cause additional LSC/crosstalk. Last ride with the 23mm clamp I was at 12 out on rebound and while it rode well it was firm on compression which resulted with the adjuster all but wide open to compensate.

I've also dumped the stock 5.2kg/mm spring with 11mm preload and moved to a 5.4mm/kg with 7mm preload. Less preload gives a plusher initial action and works wonders in the slow technical rocky areas, however last time I tried this I hadn't beefed up the HSR, or dropped the HSC and had a close trip over the bars on a big log. I'll be taking it easy and getting a feel for it before slamming things hard.

IFP set at 77mm and charged with 10bar of N2.

Sorry no pics of the shock laid out.