View Single Post
Old 11-08-2014, 10:42 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by (F5) View Post
Pah! Me? I should be riding it today, but I'm unable to due to poor planning (and a bit of bad luck ). Either way I kinda know what I don't like but I'm harder pushed to know how to fix it. Something easier on my elbows than my 45s and to not be deflected off greasy tree roots and we'd be a good way there.
I'll let you know what I'm thinking after I put some time in checking things. The thing I'm sure of is that the stock YZ valving is going to be too firm for my purpose. But maybe not too much. I'll sus out the stock setup and then put a few suggestions forward.

Comparing a geometry a bit more, have also been looking at the wheel bases of the typical 2T enduro/mx ranges.

Ktm 1482mm
Beta 1480mm
Gas Gas 1480mm
YZ250 1480mm
YZ250F 1466mm

Not sure that the actual wheelbase will make any noticable difference, and in any case I have a new chain on hand and was planning to move the rear wheel back some to add some leverage to the shock and see if it would track better on snotty uphills. It may be that my front wheel moves in 3mm and my back wheel moves back the same.

Also, the measurements are simply what each brand specify so could be some variance in to what point the actually measure. Also depends where the rear wheel is set in the blocks. Each value really could be +/- 10mm.