View Single Post
Old 09-12-2017, 12:49 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Ever herd the expression "point of no return"? Thats my gasser. I bought it just over a year ago, it took me 3 months to register it & then 4 months later the bottom end let go. Thats where I should have cut my losses & parted it out, but. I fell in love with the old girl & the ohlins front end was to nice to say no, so I decided to do a full resto. Upon removing the motor I have found the top engine braces have snapped & the swing arm mount in the cases have ovalized from sever vibration (my first 2t in a long time, I thought the vibes were normal). Apparently this can be fixed?

Ive also found that the frame has been bent just under the head tube from a huge front impact & someone has heated it up & tried to stretch it back into place. The swing arm has damage from the rear master cylinder getting bent inwards & rubbing on the side (its not to bad?).

1/ New top & bottem end
2/ Replace frame & maybe the swing arm?

Thats the major stuff, the rest is little bits n pieces but it is a big list. Would love to convert it to a 300 but this bike is a money pit.

Last edited by Tomac; 09-12-2017 at 01:42 AM.