Thread: TuBliss
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2009, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyManiac View Post
Go for a hard 8 hour ride in adverse conditions with the Tubliss system. I would not trust that system to last all day at the ISDE, especially with FIM tires which don't have overly tough carcasses.

4-5 minutes to change a mousse once you learn the technique. It's not a difficult thing once you get a good tire stand and learn the technique.
I think some really good points by Speedy.

I think the Tubliss works best with a strong carcass tire for off road (MX may be very different with fewer rocks) where you can really air the thing down to get it's full benefit (MT43 trials tire is excellent). I've been using it here in super rocky New England with an old, beat MT16 knobby that's really worn down, has had the front edges recut with a knobby knife, run at 6-7psi and it's amazing and has held air perfectly (I also do run a tire sealant). Who needs a trials tire when you can get away with that??? Would I use it for a Six Days??? I don't think so unless you do some serious testing before hand with those FIM approved tires that need to used in the event. Yeah, changes are easy and you can run it flat if the "inner" liner tube is holding air ok but it's 2 variables to F up that the mousse doesn't have.

I thought I read someplace that Tubliss was coming out with a new stronger liner setup. Might want to call Jeff a Nutech and ask about it.